At Bluegreen, we recognize that privacy is an important issue, and we understand that you are concerned about the security and privacy of your personal information. In order to demonstrate our commitment to fostering and maintaining strong customer relationships, we have created two separate policies that describe the manner in which we use and protect the information we receive from and about you. The Bluegreen Internet Privacy Statement describes our practices concerning the collecting and use of information gathered from or about our online visitors and registered users. Bluegreen’s Privacy Notice* applies only to Bluegreen Owners who have received a financial product or service from Bluegreen, and describes how we protect and use the non-public personal financial information of such owners.
- Your California Privacy Rights
Effective January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at: Bluegreen Corporation
Attention: California Privacy Rights Request
4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
- Bluegreen’s Internet Privacy Statement
As a Bluegreen website visitor, it is your right to know what information we need to collect, why we need it, how we protect it and how we use it. On our websites, we collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to provide you with services and products, process transactions that you request and provide customer service. We may also use the personal information that we collect for other business purposes such as to better understand customer needs, enhance customer relationships, make appropriate offers or facilitate third party offers that will be of interest to you.
- The information covered by this Privacy Statement
- The types of information we collect
- Information you provide to us
- Requests for Information. When you request additional information related to our products, services or properties, we will request your name and contact information such as street address, telephone number and email address. We may also request information regarding your vacation preferences including destinations, seasons of interest, accommodations and length of stay, as well as income level and whether you have toured a Bluegreen property before. Please note that our ability to respond to online requests may depend on the registration and/or licensing requirements of the state in which you reside.
- Making Reservations and Purchasing Vacation Packages. When you make a reservation or purchase a rental or vacation package, we may request your name, email, telephone number and street address, along with other information to assist with your reservation and stay such as credit card number, date of arrival/departure, vacation account (owner) number and room preferences.
- Sweepstakes and Contests. From time to time, we may conduct sweepstakes and contests that offer the opportunity to win prizes. Each sweepstakes has its own terms and conditions. As part of entering a sweepstakes, certain personally identifiable information such as name, street address, telephone number, date of birth and email address may be required. The following information may also be requested, although it is optional and does not affect your contest eligibility: (i) Marital status, occupation, income range and education; (ii) gender, and (iii) “check box” questions relating to your vacation and personal interests.
- Contacting Us. When you send us an email from one of our websites with comments or questions, we may retain information such as the content, your email address, our response and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. This information may also be used to measure how effectively we are able to address customer concerns, to personalize your experience and to improve our products and services.
- Online Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the effectiveness of our web sites or our performance in providing services. Your participation in these surveys is voluntary. Information collected by us when you participate in a survey may include name, telephone, street address and email address.
- Electronic Postcards. Occasionally, we may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend from our websites. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for your name and email address, and the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. As the sender of this email, your address will be retained. The recipient’s email address will not be retained or used for any other purpose unless they authorize us to do so.
- Employment. If you choose to apply for employment online or to be notified of future employment openings, you will be required to provide your name, street address, telephone number, email address and certain other additional information. You will also have the opportunity to input and/or attach your resume and samples of your work.
- Investor Relations. You may subscribe to our investor relations email alert service to learn when new investor information including earnings releases, financial reports and SEC filings have been added to our website. If you subscribe, we will require your email address. If you would like investor information mailed to you we may ask that you provide your name, street address, email address, phone number and fax number.
- Bluegreen Online Services
Bluegreen Owners may enroll in Bluegreen Online Services to request resort reservations, access account and vacation information and pay Maintenance Fees and Club Dues. The following information is required from Owners when enrolling in Bluegreen Online Services:
- Email Address. A valid email address is required to participate in Bluegreen Online Services, and so that we can communicate with you about your online transactions.
- Password. This is necessary to protect access to your Bluegreen Online Services account from unauthorized users once your account is established. Your password should be six or more characters long and contain both numbers and letters, but no symbols (*, $, #, %, etc.) You can change your password at any time by visiting the My Profile section of the site.
- Vacation Account Number, Last Four Digits of the Primary Account Holder’s Home Phone Number and/or Social Security Number. This information is used to verify your identity and to protect access to your account from unauthorized users the first time you enroll.
- Information we collect using technology
We use technology to collect information in order to make your experience at our websites more enjoyable, and so that we can provide you with enhanced products and services. For example, we may automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, the type of web browser and computer operating system you are using, and we may use web beacons and cookies to: (i) understand the frequency with which you visit our websites, (ii) track and understand the manner in which you are using our web sites, (iii) customize content to enhance your visit and the services we provide on our websites, (iv) offer you targeted messages, advertisements and offers; (v) send you targeted emails if you have provided us with your email address, and (vi) if you have registered for Bluegreen Online Services, to tailor your personal preferences.
Cookies are bits of data that a web site sends to your computer’s web browser and operating system. They are stored on your computer hard drive to identify you or your preferences when you return to that web site. For example, by storing cookies on your hard drive, you’ll return to a specific website with the same settings you used on a previous visit. There are two types of cookies. Temporary cookies are designed to stay on your computer only while you are visiting our websites. Non-expiring cookies are placed on the hard drive in your computer and allow us to collect information such as: date and time of visits, time spent on the website, and pages viewed while on the website. We may place both temporary and non-expiring cookies on your computer. Cookies can also store personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, home or work address or telephone number. You can choose whether to accept or deny cookies by changing the privacy settings on your web browser. In fact, your web browser’s privacy settings can be configured to specify how you want the web browser to handle cookies from individual websites or all websites. Please keep in mind that most computers are initially configured to accept cookies. Also note that if you turn cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
The pages of our websites contain images (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacons”) that allow our third party secure provider and us to count page views or to collect other anonymous data. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. Web beacons are typically very small, usually 1 by 1 pixel in size, but their presence can be easily seen within Internet Explorer by clicking on “View” and then on “Source”. Web beacons are small in order to minimize both their display and their loading time. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any personal information about our website visitors; they are merely the technique we use to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics about the usage of our websites.
For tracking purposes, we use web beacons on our websites along with other technical methods. We may also use these technical methods in emails that we send to track whether the emails have been opened or if links contained therein have been clicked. We also employ a third party service that collects data remotely through the use of web beacons. This service then returns the completely anonymous data to us as site traffic reports.
- Information we collect from third parties
We may supplement, improve and/or enhance personally identifiable information that we collect from you with other information that we obtain from third parties and our affiliates. In addition, we may obtain information about individuals who are not yet our customers or users of our web sites. Moreover, when we associate information that we obtain from third parties or affiliates with personally identifiable information that we have collected under this Privacy Statement, we will treat the acquired information the same as the information that we collected ourselves, and, except as permitted by this Privacy Statement, we will not share the information with third parties.
- Information you provide to us
- How we secure your information
Bluegreen uses industry best practices to protect your information and your privacy. For example, when you enter a password to access a Bluegreen Online Services Account, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to present secure pages to protect that information. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that’s transferred over the SSL connection. Most web browsers, including Internet Explorer, support SSL and many websites use the protocol to obtain confidential user information. By convention, URLs that require an SSL connection start with https instead of http. You can tell if you are using a secure server by looking at the bottom of your web browser window. For example, in Internet Explorer you will see a lock icon. When the symbol is unbroken or the padlock appears to be in its closed state, the page is encrypted and therefore secure. If you wish to take advantage of the latest encryption standards, be sure you have the latest version of the browser you’re using. Be sure to download and use the latest version of a web browser. Beta versions of web browsers are not recommended.
In addition we use a third party payment gateway service that enables us to authorize, settle and manage credit cards safely and securely via a 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Internet Protocol (IP) connection.
- How we use and share your information
- We may share your information with our affiliates
We may share your information, in whole or in part, with our affiliates, i.e. the companies that are controlled by Bluegreen, in order to send you promotional materials about our products and services.
- We may share your information with third party service providers
We may share your information, in whole or in part, with the following third party service providers: (i) companies that provide marketing and sales services on our behalf, (ii) companies that process and service your accounts, and (iii) companies that help us protect and secure your information and the confidentiality of our records. Occasionally, we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor a sweepstakes on our site with other companies, or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes, we may share your information with the co-sponsor or third party sponsor. All of these third party service providers have contractual obligations with us to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Additionally, these third party service providers are only permitted to use your information for the purposes specified by the sweepstakes or promotion as specified by us or our affiliates, or as allowed by law.
- We may disclose your information to non-affiliated third parties
We may disclose your information, in whole or in part, to the following types of non-affiliated third parties: (i) companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements; (ii) non-financial organizations, such as direct marketing companies and consumer reporting agencies, (iii) financial service providers, such as companies engaged in banking, credit card business and consumer finance, and (iv) others, such as non-profit organizations.
- Other circumstances in which we may share your information
We may share your information when you specifically request it or give us permission to do so. We may also share your information when we suspect criminal or fraudulent activity, and when we are required by law such as when we receive a subpoena or a court order. We may also share your information in the event that we sell a particular line of business or function.
- We may share your information with our affiliates
- Requesting to not have your personal information shared with non-affiliated third parties
You may direct us to limit the disclosure of personal information about you that we share with non-affiliated third parties. If you elect this opt-out choice, we will not disclose your information to those non-affiliated third parties set forth in paragraph 4.C., however, we may still disclose your personal information to third parties: (i) that perform marketing services on our behalf; and (ii) as permitted by law, such as to service providers, to protect against fraud, and to protect the security or confidentiality of our records.
If you wish to exercise your opt-out choice above, please specify your opt-out choice and notify us via U.S. mail at the address below:Bluegreen Corporation
Attn: Internet Privacy Statement Opt-Out Request
4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431-3311
Please allow approximately 30 to 60 days from our receipt of your Internet Privacy Statement Opt-Out Request for it to become effective.
- Correcting and/or updating your stored personal information
If you are registered for Bluegreen Online Services, you may update your information at any time by signing in to your account. You will arrive at the Owner’s home page where you will click on the My Account tab at the top of the screen to edit your information. If you experience any problems, you may contact our Owner Services staff at 800.456.CLUB(2582).
- Deleting stored information from bluegreenonline.com’s database
If you are not an Owner and wish to have your account and all stored information deleted from our system, Contact Us. Please include the words “delete my account” in the message and a representative will contact you to verify your request. Once your account and any related information has been deleted, it is not possible to recover any of this data. Current Owners are not able to delete their account information. If you would like to remove your email address from your account, you will no longer be able to use the Bluegreen Online Services. To have your email addressed removed from our database, please contact us at Bluegreen Corporation, 4960 Conference Way North Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
- Use and participation by minors
All of our promotions and website applications require the entrant and user to be 18 or over, therefore we do not knowingly accept personal information from minors. Children under age 18 should always consult a parent or guardian before sharing any personal details with any company or individual on the Internet.
- How we safeguard public or shared information
At Bluegreen, we will strive to keep all your information up to date, and to guard your privacy by continuously evaluating the enforcement and nature of our policies. There are currently no areas of the bluegreenonline.com website where any type of personal data would be visible to the public without first obtaining written permission and appropriate releases prior to use and posting (i.e. prior sweepstakes’ winners, employee or owner testimonials, etc.)
- How we notify you of changes to this Privacy Statement
If our Internet Privacy Statement changes and you have a valid email address on file with Bluegreen, we will email you announcing the new Privacy Statement.
- Contacting Bluegreen
If any of your personal information changes, or you identify a mistake in our records, please sign in to your Bluegreen Online Services account to update your information or Contact Us and we will update our data right away. This Privacy Statement was last updated on March 30, 2005. Please email us to communicate any questions or concerns or write to us at: Bluegreen Corporation
4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431-3311