What’s not to love about an RV vacation with the family? There’s the freedom, the adventure, the same familiar bed every night, your own portable restroom (goodbye grimy service station restrooms), elements of home (hello, refrigerator!) and the fantastic convenience of not having to unpack and repack every time you want to hit up a new destination. And let’s not forget about family bonding—trust us, there will be lots of it!
But before you hop in your self-contained hotel room on wheels and hit the road, you’ll want to consider which destinations you want to visit first. Here are a few road trip destinations that would make any RV vacation a success!
This 277 mile-long chasm is an absolutely brilliant piece of nature and a sight that people will travel millions of miles to see! The best nearby RV campgrounds include:
- Trailer Village: Located in Grand Canyon Village on the South Rim, it’s the only RV campground within the park with full hook-ups.
- Mather Campground: On the South Rim near the lodges, shuttle buses, visitor center, train etc.; doesn’t include a hook-up.
- Desert View Campground: First-come, first-serve campground at the east entrance to the park; doesn’t include a hook-up; open April 19th through mid-October, 2015.
Take a step back in history with a trip to this revolutionary city, where you can explore original 18th-century structures and participate in realistic wartime reenactments. There are several notable art museums, golf course, and spas as well, with a variety of opportunities to shop and dine. The best nearby RV campgrounds include:
- Anvil Campground: Located in the heart of Williamsburg with shuttle services to the major local attractions, restaurants, and shopping. Enjoy an onsite general store, swimming pool and more!
- Williamsburg KOA Campground: Located in the Historic Triangle, just minutes away from Historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Busch Gardens, and Water Country. Enjoy free cable, Wi-Fi, patio sites, beautiful nature trails, and more.
- American Heritage RV Park: 70 acres of lush green meadows with easy pull-thru’s, full hookups, room for all your slides, concrete pad and patio, and we’re pet friendly.
- Williamsburg RV Resort & Campground: Daily, monthly and annual sites are available, plus there is a general store and coin laundry, Wi-Fi service, and pets are welcome.
Take a trip through Virginia’s breathtaking Shenandoah Valley National Park, home to endless natural beauty and a variety of outdoor adventures! Nearby, you’ll also find Luray Caverns—a must-see during your RV journey through the Shenandoah Valley. The all-natural underground exhibit makes for an amazing adventure the entire family will love. The best nearby RV campgrounds include:
- Outlanders River Camp: Situated along the scenic shores of the Shenandoah River in Luray, VA, this site offers full hook-ups, as well as a variety of other amenities.
- Big Meadows Campground: Offering both seclusion and convenience to many of the major facilities and popular hiking trails in the Shenandoah National Park.
- Loft Mountain Campground: The largest of the parks located in the Shenandoah National Park, Loft Mountain is close to two beautiful waterfalls and hiking trails.
As the #1 family fun destination, Orlando is a must for any type of vacation. You’ll experience the best theme parks, area attractions, food and outdoors adventures—plus, the weather’s not bad either. And while there are plenty of places to park your RV, there is one campsite in particular that offers the most magical experience ever! And, of course, it’s at Disney®!
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort: Tailored for campers and RV users alike, this fully-equipped property features full hook-ups, Disney bus transportation, complimentary Internet, an array of outdoor activities, unique dining options and so much more! Offering the best of both worlds, this campsite is located on the Disney World property and close to all the action, but also gives you the secluded outdoorsy experience that one expects from camping.