Also known as luxury or “glamorous” camping, glamping is a great way to get closer to nature and the great outdoors while still enjoying the comforts of home. It’s the kind of vacation where nature walks, bird-watching, star-gazing and cozy campfires coexist with unique stays in upgraded tents, yurts, treehouses and teepees that feature full bedrooms and bathrooms, kitchens, heat and A/C, hot tubs, and even WiFi and Netflix!
And what better time to go on a glamping getaway than the fall, when autumn’s arrival turns leaves to deep shades of russet, gold, ochre and brown, and a chilly night can be warmed up by hot chocolate and roasted marshmellows while huddled next to an inviting firepit?
And what better place to experience glamping than at Bluegreen’s Shenandoah Crossing, where modern, well-appointed yurts set in glorious nature surround you with all the creature comforts you need for a memorable family vacation?
Need more reasons to try a glamping adventure? Here are five more for your consideration!
- You can’t get any closer to nature: Wake up and step out of the door of your comfy yurt or treehouse into your own private natural retreat. Fresh air, tranquility and nature…what more could you ask for?
- Endless adventures await you: Hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, canoeing, cave exploring and wine tasting are just a few of the many activities you can participate in while enjoying your glamping experience at Shenandoah Crossing. Get out there!
- Glamping is great for your kids: Encouraging children to get outside, get moving, and connect with the natural world are all ways to reverse epidemic childhood obesity rates. Kids who play outside are happier, healthier, and stronger, and it’s also a great way to strengthen family bonds.
- No prior camping experience necessary: At Shenandoah Crossing, all you have to do is show up and prepare to have a great time. No camping gear or tents to assemble–everything is ready for you to enjoy and experience!
- You can actually see the stars at night: Shenandoah Crossing is located in rural southwestern Virgina, away from the lights and pollution of larger urban areas that prevent you from seeing the amazing night sky filled with twinkling stars for your wonderment!